SingleHop is a unique dedicated server provider in that they offer different levels of server management. The SingleHop data centers are located in Chicago, IL, and they currently operate two facilities which are leased (see their recent blog post).
Main Chicago Data Center (DC1)
The main SingleHop data center houses over 2,000 dedicated servers for over 1,000 customers around the world. DC1 features redundant N+1 power, HVAC, and top-of-the-line networking facilities. Here are some of the main certifications and features listed by SingleHop:
- SAS 70 Type I certified (audit report available on request)
- Dual-city grid power feeds, plus battery backup with automated transfer switch and on-site diesel generator
- FM 200 server-safe fire suppression system with early pre-fire detection mechanism
- Automatic temperature and climate control system with humidity and temperature sensors located throughout the facility
- Biometric and key card security system including man-traps and rack level locking mechanism
- Staffed 24×7 by SingleHop data center technicians and engineers and monitored remotely
Data Center 2 (DFT)
SingleHop’s latest data center location, nicknamed DC2, features ultra-redundant power, HVAC, and networking systems with no single point of failure. The building features over 200,000 square feet of raised-floor computing space; SingleHop currently has 10,000 Sqft of computing space in this location.
- Certifications and Design:
- Dual-city grid power feeds, flywheel based UPS system (N+2), and 16 on-site and operational generators
- Dry-pipe water-based fire suppression system with laser-based pre-fire detection mechanism (VESDA)
- Fully automatic and intelligent temperature and climate control system, with humidity and temperature sensors located throughout the facility
- 24×7 security staffing with biometric and key card access control, including man-traps and cab lock mechanisms
- On-site data center operations and network operations suites staffed 24×7 by SingleHop engineers
Like some other dedicated server providers, SingleHop will provide tours of their data center to those interested. To sign up, visit their website and schedule a tour with a salesperson.