The Planet has 8 data centers located in the Houston – Dallas, TX area, as well as a London Data Center. The Texas data centers are SAS 70 Type II audited data facilities. The most recent, is the addition of a 106,000 sq. ft. collocation center in Plano, TX. On the technical front, the new data center uses the latest modular cooling technology from Turbine Air Systems (TAS), with high-efficiency, water-cooled chillers that eliminate the possibility of an interior water leak. The facility meets SAS 70 Type II standards and is protected by biometric security access.
The Planet website lists the following features for their data centers:
- Our secure data centers are monitored 24×7 to ensure your servers are always safe
- Customers can be confident with our N+1 power generator architecture
- We feature N+2 redundant data center HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) systems
- Advanced fire suppression systems ensure any fires are localized
- Preventive maintenance, performed regularly by our own highly trained personnel, meets or exceeds manufacturers recommended practices.
- The Planet is a member of the Uptime Institute, a prestigious knowledge consortium where global standards and best practices are created and delivered to maintain system uptime and availability
- Dedicated Server School to Run Data Center Tour Series
- Data Center Tour Series: FastServers.net
- Data Center Tour Series: SingleHop
- Data Center Tour Series: LiquidWeb
- Setting Up the Data Center