Your shared hosting account has probably served you well for quite some time, but there comes a time when it might be a good idea to upgrade your website(s) to a dedicated hosting plan. There are definitely financial factors that determine when you can and will get a dedicated server, but today we will look at some of the technical reasons for taking the next step.
- Necessary resources – Your websites might be taxing the server more than they should. It may be so severe that your web host may insist you move them to your own server in order to avoid future problems. When your websites need dedicated CPU power and RAM, a dedicated server makes sense.
- Unique software – In some cases, you need to install unique software that a shared hosting account may not have. You can use a VPS or dedicated server to accomplish this task.
- Complete control – If you need very specific configuration options enabled or simply have a strong desire to be in control of your server technology, a shared hosting account is not enough
A dedicated server gives you freedom, control, maximum resources, and the ability to install and manage the software you need. If you meet the financial requirements and also have one or more of these reasons to upgrade, a dedicated server may be in your future.
- Top 10 Reasons to Get a Dedicated Server
- 7 Reasons to Get a Dedicated Server in 2012
- Six Reasons Why You Should Invest in Dedicated Servers
- 3 Reasons it is Time to Move on from Shared Hosting
- Update vs Upgrade: What is the Difference?