Unmanaged servers are available all over the web for lease. They are cheap, rapidly deployed and usually connected to very fast networks inside of secure data centers. Nevertheless, an unmanaged server is not for everyone. Here are five signs you need a managed server rather than an unmanaged one.
- Your frustration level has reached an all-time high, and you are finding it difficult to setup server applications and troubleshoot problems.
- You want to spend more time on your business and less time on the technology that powers it.
- You have suffered some serious security issues and do not know how to fix them or prevent them from happening again in the future.
- You have operational expenditure that you can afford to spend on server management and find that cheaper than having full-time IT staff to make sure your server keeps running smoothly.
- You simply do not have the time to manage your server by yourself.
Manging your own server can be difficult, time consuming and ultimately expensive if you have to hire staff to take care of it. On the other hand, it might be worth the extra money to have a managed server and not have to spend time dealing with technical issues.