2011 came and went, and you still do not have a dedicated server. There are plenty of reasons why you might not be ready for one, and we have covered some of those reasons in previous posts. But inevitably, there are some of you out there who are ready to get a dedicated server, but you are still reluctant. The following are 7 reasons why you should go ahead and take the next step.
- Full control over your websites – No one can tell you what you can or cannot do with your sites. You can limit users however you want and expand your site or sites to the full limit of your server.
- Choice – You can choose your operating system, software, and web tools.
- Better security – The well-being of your server will no longer depend on the conduct of people who share it with you.
- Truly dedicated – Just as the name implies, your entire server will be dedicated solely to your websites.
- Save money – If you are truly ready for a dedicated server, you are probably paying more than you should for space, bandwidth, memory, and other shared hosting premiums.
- Shell and Root access – Are you a systems geek who is not afraid of the command line? A dedicated server can be your playground.
- Priorities – With your own server, you can prioritize CPU and memory usage and balance your server load however you want.