Years of using the shared hosting service makes us complacent. We don’t even review our own needs and keep renewing our hosting service year after year. Have you looked at your website’s statistics lately? How much has the traffic increased? Do you need more bandwidth or space? Is shared hosting meeting your needs effectively?
With time, you may need to move on from the shared server to a dedicated one. Find out from the following points if you are ready for the dedicated server.
- You want to minimize downtimes as the website is critical to your business.
- Your website’s traffic is too much for the shared server to handle. This leads to sudden unavailability of your website.
- You want to host several websites.
- You want to configure the server and take control of your website the way you like.
- You want to need to install applications of your liking for your website.
- You need a lot of disk space for your website and your growing needs which the shared hosting service cannot provide.
- Your bandwidth requirements have increased. You cannot afford slow loading of your webpages.
- You want to do away with the vulnerabilities of the shared hosting service in terms of security.
- You want to take charge of the security of your website.
Cost is one thing that you have to keep in mind when you go for a dedicated server. While the initial investment is high, dedicated hosting proves cost-effective in the long run. Apart from cost, there is another thing you have to pay attention to. You should be capable of managing the dedicated server. You don’t need to be disheartened if you don’t possess the technical know-how for it. You can go for managed hosting.