What is a dedicated server?
A dedicated server is one that is completely dedicated to your websites and applications. For those who are looking for a better definition, I have found one:
(Source) a server dedicated to a single customer. Dedicated servers are appropriate for users that require lots of disk space or data transfer, as well as sites that are database intensive or have specific software requirements.
What are the benefits of a dedicated server?
- It offers greater reliability and high availability.
- It gives you absolute control.
- It helps improve performance.
- It is scalable.
- It provides security.
- It can be customized.
When do you need a dedicated server?
You need a dedicated server if:
- Your website’s traffic is too much for the shared server to handle
- You want to minimize downtimes as the website is critical to your business
- You are looking at hosting several websites
- You want to configure the server and take control of your website the way you like
- You need a lot of disk space for your website and your growing needs
- You need to install applications of your liking for your website
- Your bandwidth requirements have increased
- You want to make your websites more secure
How much does a dedicated server cost?
Our partners offer server packages starting $80/mo. If you need a dedicated server, drop in your requirements in the dedicated server recommendation form and get the right advice.
How should I buy a dedicated server?
Look for the following when choosing a hosting company to buy the dedicated server from:
- Speed and availability – You cannot compromise on either of these factors.
- Security – Find out if the company’s service provides better security to your server than others.
- Support – Look for a service whose support is proactive rather than reactive. Make sure it offers round-the-clock support.
Which dedicated server should I buy?
Choosing a dedicated server can be dicey. Our team can recommend a dedicated server according to your requirements. Submit the dedicated server recommendation form describing your requirements and our team will get in touch with you.