The purchase of the dedicated server brings along the responsibility of managing it. It is not only the cost that dictates if you can afford the dedicated server but also its management. It is recommended that you decide on the management of your dedicated server before you go for it. There are two ways to go about it: you can handle it in-house or get a hosting company to manage it for you. I recommend outsourcing the management of your server even if you think you can handle it on your own. Reasons? Read on.
- Managed hosting means your server is being handled by professionals.
- You can be assured of high-speed accessibility.
- The resources will be optimized to the fullest.
- Your website(s) will be available most of the time. The number of downtimes will be reduced to the minimum.
- Your server will be monitored continuously.
- Managed hosting offers effective troubleshooting help in time. It provides efficient technical support around the clock.
- You will get back-up facilities, along with disaster recovery features.
- You don’t have to hire and train people on the management of your dedicated servers.
- The hosting company will take steps to ensure the security of your server(s).
- You will enjoy several additional features, thereby giving your website(s) a more professional image.
Worried that outsourcing will cost a lot? Well, managed hosting actually brings down the overall cost of the management of a server. The benefits you reap with managed hosting far outweigh the money you invest in it.