Do you wonder if you should move to a dedicated server? Seeing businesses invest in dedicated servers and looking at the benefits they have to offer, it is likely that you will wonder if it time for your business to acquire one. The best way to find out if shared hosting, your current hosting plan takes care of your website’s needs. Answer the questions mentioned below and find out if you should get dedicated hosting.
- Can shared hosting no longer handle your website’s traffic?
- Do you have a web hosting business?
- Do you want to take charge of the hosting of your website?
- Do you want to host several websites?
- Do you need a lot of disk space, beyond what shared hosting has to offer?
- Do you want to install several custom applications for your website?
- Are your bandwidth requirements high?
- Is your website critical to your business, requiring it be available at all times?
- Are you looking for high-level security for your website?
- Are you equipped to manage the server on your own?
- Can you afford a dedicated web server now?
Ideally, all large business and growing mid-size companies should go for dedicated hosting. Dedicated hosting wins hands down in four important areas:
- Storage: You get almost unlimited disk space with dedicated hosting.
- Bandwidth: Dedicated hosting meets your bandwidth needs adequately as you are no longer sharing resources with other websites.
- Security: You are saved from intrusions caused by other websites. With dedicated hosting, you are in complete control of security.
- Customization: Since you are in charge of your server, you can configure it the way you like.