It’s strange to find out how some organizations look at managed hosting. Outsourcing the management of a server is considered strange because you are asking someone else to take care of something that you own. Then there is the amount of money involved. Let me first tell you why the money part should not bother you. First, the benefits of managed hosting far outweigh the cost. Second, managed hosting need not be expensive.
There are many kinds of managed hosting: fully-managed hosting, partially-managed hosting, and colocation hosting. You can choose the type according to your needs and budget.
For some organizations, cost is not the factor. They wonder if they should trust ‘outsiders’ with their servers. Well, the truth is that these outsiders are professionals who can manage your server far better than you can. Let me take you through the benefits of managed hosting.
- It ensures high availability of your website(s).
- It offers high-speed accessibility.
- It takes steps to ensure the security of your server(s).
- It offers back-up facilities, along with disaster recovery features.
- It provides continuous monitoring of your server.
- It offers effective troubleshooting help in time.
- It rescues you from hiring and training people on the management of your dedicated servers.
Managed hosting helps in three more ways. One, it can give organizations the much-needed professional image, something they cannot garner with in-house server management. Two, it gives you an edge over your competitors. Three, it allows you to focus on your core business.
Tell us what you think of managed hosting.