OK, you have got the server, your website(s), and your applications. Now, how do you manage all these? You would need some kind of a control panel to handle these. In our earlier posts, we discussed the cPanel control panel which is one of the most popular server control panels. Plesk is another very popular control panel. In fact, you will find opinions divided on which one is better. So, what is Plesk and how good is it? Let’s find out.
This control panel is distributed as Parallels Plesk Panel. For the purposes of this blog, we’ll call it Plesk. One area where Plesk scores over cPanel is the cost. Plesk is much less expensive than cPanel.
Plesk makes it easy for hosts and server administrators to manage a server. Here are some of the main features of Plesk:
- Easy-to-use: Plesk has a very clean, easy-to-use interface.
- Stability: Plesk is considered highly stable as compared to its peers.
- Support for multiple platforms: It supports the Windows platform as well as the Linux platforms
- Security: It offers high security. It uses the HTTPS protocol.
- Automation: It provides several levels of automation.
- Easy migration: It lets you migrate accounts from other control panels.
- Language support: Plesk supports several languages other than English such as German, Japanese, Spanish, French, and Russian.
Both server administrators and non-technical server users are said to be comfortable using Plesk. How Plesk fares in comparison to other control panels is something you have to experience. Keep watching this space for a comparison of Plesk and cPanel soon.