The title of this post could have been ‘Who Needs a Dedicated Web Server?’ We decided to make the change because there is a difference between needing something and being worthy of it. I must clarify that I do not mean that a website that needs a dedicated server does not deserve it; what I mean is that not every website can manage a dedicated server. Dedicated hosting is only for those who are equipped to handle it. Find out if you should go for it.
- Either you own a website whose traffic can no longer be handled by shared hosting or you own a web hosting business.
- You want to be in charge of the hosting of your website.
- You want to host several websites.
- You need a lot of disk space. Shared hosting limits the amount of storage you can use.
- You need to install several custom applications for your website.
- Your bandwidth requirements are high. With no other websites sharing resources with you, dedicated hosting meets your bandwidth needs.
- You cannot afford to have your website unavailable anytime as it is critical to your business.
- You are looking for high-level security for your website. With dedicated hosting, you are in complete control of security.
- You can manage the server on your own. You should possess the technical know-how to handle dedicated servers.
- You can afford a dedicated web server. Your business benefits should outdo the cost of the server.
Large businesses looking for high performance and customized service should opt for dedicated hosting.