Not everybody needs the dedicated server, but businesses need it. If the websites and servers are critical for a business, it cannot do without a dedicated server. Why? Because the shared server doesn’t suffice given the criticality of resources and the growing needs of the business. Let’s look at what a dedicated server offers:
- It puts you in charge. It gives you the much needed control. You can take all decisions related to the hosting your website.
- It offers more resources. You can use as much bandwidth and disk space as you need without sharing a bit with any other website.
- It improves performance of your websites. The performance is optimized as you are not sharing your resources with other websites.
- It offers greater reliability and high availability. You don’t have to live with sudden downtimes anymore.
- It is scalable. You can increase the memory or disk space at any time without a problem.
- It provides security. With dedicated servers, you can take measures of your own to ensure a secure environment for your website.
- It lets you customize it. You can configure the server according to your needs. You can install all the software that you need and use them conveniently.
A dedicated server is important if you want a better service along with security and reliability. Living with a shared server when your business needs are growing is not a wise decision.
If you would like to move from shared hosting, check one of our earlier posts on how to buy a dedicated server.