A good hosting company is one that meets all your hosting needs and offers you a little more. How do you choose your host? Do you perform a search on Google or do you go for one your friend recommends? Irrespective of how you go looking for the host, it is important that you choose the right host. Let me share with a few tips on choosing the right hosting company.
- Find out about the speed and availability. A good network speed and high availability of your website and applications are important. You cannot live with a low speed with high availability or a high speed with low availability.
- The host should be compatible with your website’s features and needs. If your web pages have been on a certain platform, the hosting service you choose should be able to support that platform.
- Find out if your bandwidth and disk space requirements are adequately met by the web host.
- Inquire about the e-mail accounts the host will provide. Make sure you get adequate number of accounts. Even if you don’t need these accounts in the beginning, you should have the flexibility of getting more as you need.
- Find out about the kind of support the host provides. A host with a 24×7 support is recommended. Part-time support is not good enough to ensure a high availability of your website. It is also important that the recoveries are fast.
Before you make your decision, ask existing clients of the hosting company to share their experience with you.