How do you choose the operating system for your dedicated server? By your experience or by others’ experience? When it comes to the server operating system, your prior experience may not work well if it is not related to a server. In fact, others’ experience may not also work, especially if your needs are different from theirs.
So, what is the best way to choose your operating system? Well, you should begin with comparing every aspect of different operating systems. And then find out which one suits you the best. Today, I will talk about Linux and why it may work for your server.
- If you are looking at saving money, Linux is your answer. Linux is open-source, thus a cost-effective option for you.
- Linux offers customization like no other operating system. You can make it completely your own according to your preferences.
- Linux serves as a data hub. In fact, it is also used as a recovery hub. It even acts as a central portal.
- Linux can be used to host e-mail and VoIP applications too.
- Linux is considered ideal for the server environment. Linux can be used for hosting web servers, network servers, and web-based applications.
- Linux wins hands down when it comes to stability and functionality in the server environment.
- In terms of security too, Linux hosting is considered better than Windows hosting.
There is one reason Linux may not work for you. And that is your dependency on Microsoft services. If you need to use MS services, it is better that you get Windows for your dedicated server.