Both cPanel and Plesk are popular choices as server control panels. Opinions are divided on which one is better. For the uninitiated, Parallels Plesk Panel is what is commonly referred to as Plesk.
One area where Plesk definitely scores over cPanel is the cost. Plesk is a cost-effective choice for a server control panel. However, there are several other reasons that make Plesk good. Let’s have a look.
- Plesk is extremely easy to use. It has a very clean interface.
- Plesk is considered highly stable control panel as compared to its peers.
- It offers support for multiple platforms including the Windows and the Linux platforms.
- Plesk uses the HTTPS protocol and offers a high level of security.
- It provides automation at various levels.
- It lets you move accounts from other control panels conveniently.
- Plesk supports several languages other than English such as German, Japanese, Spanish, French, and Russian.
Looking at the above-mentioned benefits, one could say that Plesk is an ideal choice for a control panel. However, advocates of other control panels wouldn’t agree. I would say it is a matter of convenience and choice. What one may like, another may not. There is another reason, however, that makes Plesk popular. It is said that Plesk makes all types of users comfortable. You don’t need to be a technical expert to work with this control panel. So, it is as good to the server administrator as it to the non-technical end-user.
We’ll look at other server control panels later in the blog.