Point-and-click operating systems revolutionized the computing world by replacing the keyboard-based operating systems because they were easier to use. A point-and-click system provides a more user-friendly interface. The concept of cPanel servers also came in because hosting companies were looking to offer an easy-to-use interface to website owners.
cPanel is basically a control panel for websites. It helps website owners manage their hosted sites with ease. A server equipped with this control panel is commonly referred to as cPanel server. Let’s look at what a cPanel server has to offer.
- cPanel lets you upload and manage web pages conveniently.
- It helps install several web applications such as forums and blogs.
- It makes the task of backing up data easy with its Backup Wizard.
- It provides several security features such as virus protection, password protection, and usage restrictions.
- It provides comprehensive statistical information about the traffic.
- It lets you create e-mail accounts and helps manage e-mails efficiently.
- It lets you use FTP, SFTP, and FTPS.
- It provides database tools to web administrators to help manage their data.
With so many easy-to-use features, cPanel definitely makes website management an easy task for website owners. cPanel uses a three-tier functional structure, each corresponding with the following users:
A lot of hosting companies currently offer cPanel as a feature with their services. cPanel puts you in control of your websites, letting you customize them your way.
Given the intuitive interface it provides and the features it comes equipped with, cPanel is definitely the ‘in’ thing.