The Virtual Private Server (VPS) is exactly that – virtual and private. And this is what makes it lucrative and useful for businesses. A business that uses shared hosting is likely to experience problems in the long run when its ambitions grow. More often than not, such a business cannot switch to dedicated hosting immediately. This is where VPS hosting comes to its rescue. It offers what shared hosting cannot, and that too at a cost much less than that of dedicated hosting.
Let me share with you six reasons that make VPS hosting good for your business.
- You are the boss! VPS hosting lets you take charge of your server. Unlike the shared server, a virtual server can be configured the way you like.
- You get what you want! If you go for multiple virtual servers, you can install different operating systems on them and maintain a variety of applications on each.
- You get plenty! VPS hosting allows you to host as many websites as you want as you no longer need to live with the limitations of space and bandwidth.
- It comes cheap! As I mentioned earlier, VPS hosting provides more features than shared hosting at a cost much less than that of dedicated hosting.
- You get more! There are several additional services that VPS hosting offers. What’s more is that you get to remove and change these services any time.
- You get peace of mind! Since virtual servers are isolated from one another, threats on other websites don’t trouble you. In fact, VPS hosting employs measures to counter threats.
VPS hosting is the ideal stopover when you need to switch from shared hosting to dedicated hosting.