The Virtual Private Server (VPS) has numerous advantages, making VPS hosting a smart option for organizations looking to move from shared hosting. This is ideal for those who cannot afford dedicated hosting and would like to reap more benefits than shared hosting has to offer. As you know, virtual servers are derived by partitioning a physical into logical partitions.
Let’s look at how VPS hosting benefits businesses.
- You can install different operating systems on different virtual servers and enjoy their benefits.
- You can host a number of websites and dedicate a virtual server to each, thereby making sure that a website does not have to share its resources with others.
- You can configure the virtual servers according to your own specifications.
- You have full control over all the servers, managing them the way you like.
- Setting up the virtual servers is easy and can be done very fast.
- It is easy to modify and upgrade the virtual servers.
- You can dedicate some virtual servers to specific applications such as e-mails and FTP or keep them for back-ups etc.
- Virtual servers help save power as they have centralized hardware, they help save power.
VPS hosting is definitely not better than dedicated hosting but it is a cost-effective stopover between shared hosting and dedicated hosting. Some prefer going for semi-dedicated hosting but I have always found to be in control with <a href=”http://www.atlantic.net/vps/vps-vs-cloud.html” target=”_blank”>VPS</a> hosting.
Come back tomorrow for more information and discussions from the world of web hosting.