Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting is the perfect solution for those whose needs and expectations are not met by shared hosting. You would say, why not dedicated server hosting then? Well, the businesses who opt for VPS hosting are typically the ones who cannot afford dedicated servers but would like the services to be better than the ones provided by shared hosting. Let’s look at how your business can benefit from VPS hosting.
- VPS hosting allows you to be in control of the server. You can choose to configure your server(s) the way you like.
- With multiple virtual servers, you can install different operating systems on them and maintain a variety of applications on each.
- With virtual servers, you can host as many websites as you want without worrying about the limitations of space and bandwidth.
- VPS hosting provides more features than shared hosting at a reasonable cost. You will need to pay a much higher price if you go for dedicated hosting.
- VPS hosting offers several additional services for your benefit. You also have the flexibility of removing and changing these services anytime.
- VPS hosting secures you from the threats on other websites.
- This type of hosting employs measures to counter hackers and the like.
Because of the control it provides to the business, its low cost, and multiple features including security, VPS is well-suited to small and medium-sized business. It may not work perfectly for large businesses with bigger needs. A dedicated server is the right solution for them.